Sunday, January 30, 2011

Our beginnings

The more blogs I read the more I've decided that this may be something I actually end up loving.


Here is our story.......... I started making baskets for friends right around 20 yrs of age, mostly for friends, did really well with romantic gifts, edgy. Anyway, I was a single Mom and I had to work a real job so it all fell to the wayside, except of course as gifts to my friends. I worked in a high stress environment for years, cared for parents, raised my daughter and raising my 14 yr. old son and suddenly high blood pressure and high cholesterol stopped me in my tracks.
My doctor, Bernard Levine, (retired) told me I had to lower my stress level, and I told him I didn't know how, I'd always taken care of somebody and I didn't know what to do when I didn't have that to do anymore. Dr. Levine told me to find something I liked to do or die.  
I mean don't get me wrong, I'm sure the medication I am on helps, but I tell you whenever I get upset or  stressed I go straight into my office and create a beautiful basket or go merchandise shopping and get lost in ideas and all is well.  
Now understand, I've flipped houses for a few years, had my own cleaning co. and nothing is as fulfilling as I have found Personally Packaged to be. 
So many people start businesses to make money, and as well they should and I'm sure most of their blogging is scripted and meant to increase sales.  Kinda how I found my way to the blog world. 
Now I think of it as a place to tell my story. I have re-invented myself and I cannot afford to waste  tears over the grieves of yesterdayPersonally Packaged is my labor of love, and I'm sure it will be success, I plan to put so much of me, and so much love into it, add to that God's grace and nothing less will be allowed.


Goodnite World

No comments:

Post a Comment